SingleParentMeet.com Review & Walkthrough
“Are you a single mom or a single dad? Being a single parent dating has its own challenges. As a parent, you understand how your relationship with your child plays into your life. You need someone who understands all the love, time, and dedication you put into your child. The SingleParentMeet.com community offers a safe and easy way to discover singles near you. With thousands of single parents in our community, you could be moments away from meeting your next true partner!”
- Site focused on single parents
- Advanced search
- Sign up in less than 30 seconds
SingleParentMeet.com has been around since 2002, and is focused exclusively on single parents. The interface is clean, easy-to-use, and the sign up process is extremely simple. So, what do you get with SingleParentMeet.com? The site is free for the basics, with a subscription option if you’d like a full-featured experience.
SingleParentMeet.com’s initial sign-up process took under a minute, requiring a username, password, zip code, email, and birthdate. Past that, you’re able to upload your photos, view profiles, and edit your profile.
You’re not required to upload a photo on SingleParentMeet.com, but you are able to upload up to 30 if you’d like. The photo uploading interface is pretty standard and very easy to use.
SingleParentMeet.com’s home page is well-organized with your matches, member slideshow, and navigation all easily accessible.
It’s worth pointing out that SingleParentMeet.com will interrupt your browsing session, bringing you immediately back to the page with a session expiration notice. This happens about every 15 minutes, and is a bit annoying, especially if you’re browsing other sites or reading email.
When you sign up to SingleParentMeet.com, you’re not immediately required to fill out any type of in-depth matching information, but you have the option to fill out as much information as you’d like. There are fields for:
- My Greeting – Three text questions about yourself and what you look for in a match
- A Little About Me – Include information about your personality, career and what you like to do for fun
- What Are You Looking For In A Partner? – Include the type of relationship you are looking for as well as personality qualities
- I’d Like To Add… – Anything other details you’d like to include
- My Personal Info – DOB, appearance, marital status, children, religion, pets
You can also browse matches, and select whether or not you’re interested.
Search your matches on SingleParentMeet.com by the basics (gender, age, location) or using the extensive advanced search feature (zodiac, ethnicity, appearance, etc.).
SingleParentMeet.com’s keyword search is a very useful search feature. Simply type a few keywords related for what you’re looking for, and you’re off! My only suggestion would be to add a larger tag cloud of recommended keywords.
Browse through profiles quickly and mark your interest with SingleParentMeet.com’s “I’m Interested” feature to send a flirt.
As mentioned earlier, you can opt to upgrade your SingleParentMeet.com account, although there are free features. As a paying subscriber, you can:
- Option for profile highlight
- Read and reply to messages
- See members who have flirted with you
- See members who have Fave’d you
- View member’s videos
- Live chat with members
- Find out if you’re an astrological match
- One of few dating sites for single parents
- Quick sign up
- Many users
- Easy to search online members
- Upload up to 30 photos
- Many reports of scams from users on the site
- Not any additional space on profile about your children
- Not able to save searches
- Cannot read or respond to emails without subscribing
- Browsing not private
- Few subscription pricing options
- No compatibility tests or quizzes
- 1 Month Membership: $14.99/mo
- 6 Month Membership: $9.99/mo
- 6 Month Membership w/Profile Highlight: $10.99/mo
- Number of Users
- Feature Set
- Profile Quality