PerfectMatch.com Review & Walkthrough
“PerfectMatch.com, a leading online dating and relationship service, is the best approach for adults seeking successful, lasting relationships. It is the only online dating and relationship service to offer the Duet Total Compatibility System (Duet), co-developed by renowned relationship expert Dr. Pepper Schwartz.”
- Review matches for free
- Software finds compatible matches
- Multiple communication tools
PerfectMatch’s Duet compatibility system was developed by Dr. Pepper Schwartz, renowned author and relationship expert. She has worked on creating a system that will automatically find the best possible matches in the site’s database. PerfectMatch offers both free and paid subscriptions, at which there are two levels that include different features.
The sign up process isn’t very speedy, and is along the lines of the sign up process at Chemistry.com or eHarmony, but not quite as extensive. The driving force behind PerfectMatch’s matching system is the Duet Compatibility Profile, a 5-part questionnaire, the last step being Duet Analysis, an 8-part questionnaire — you must complete this at sign up. It should take around 20 minutes.
The Duet Compatibility Profile
The Duet Compatibility Profile consists of 5 parts: Essentials, Values & Ideals, DealBreakers, Life & Lovestyle, and Duet Analysis.
During the final section of the Duet Compatibility Profile, you’ll be answering questions on romantic impulsivity, personal energy, outlook, predictability, flexibility, decision making style, emotionality, and self-nurturing — this helps to identify the essential elements of your personality used to find your perfect match.
Some other true/fasle statements you’ll answer in the Duet Analysis section:
- True or Fasle: I am a shy person, even if I don’t appear to be.
- True or False: I like to plan everything out in advance.
- True or False: I would like to have a place to go to every weekend and/or most vacations.
- True or False: I frequently need alone time. If I don’t get it, I can feel trapped or anxious.
Profile and Photos
Once you complete the personality compatibility portion, you’ll be directed to your home page. From there, you can tweak your profile further by adding photos.
Although PerfectMatch provides multiple easy ways to post your photos — via upload, email, or snail mail — you are only allowed 3 total under a free account. Even with a paid account, you’re only allow a max of 8 total, which is far less in comparison to sites like Chemistry.com, which allows up to 25.
When you’re ready to start diving in to your matches, PerfectMatch makes it easy to size everyone up. From the Home page you can click on your new matches list to browse — click on one that catches your eye. PerfectMatch by default displays “Compare Us:” Your match, a photo, and their information side-by-side with yours so you can make a decision on whether or not you’d like to make a connection.
If you’d like to read more, you can navigate through their “Life & Lovestyle,” “Values & Ideals,” “Duet Analysis,” “In My Own Words,” and photo tabs.
Dating On Demand
A fun feature is PerfectMatch’s Dating On Demand, a video dating service connected with your Duet Profile. How does it work?
- Dating On Demand is provided through Cox or Comcast Cable, and can be found through their On Demand section.
- You can attend a Dating On Demand event in your area, and the PerfectMatch/Dating On Demand staff will videotape you and create your video profile for free.
- If you can’t attend an event, or if there isn’t one near you, you can send in a video profile of your own to be included in the service.
Love and Life Blog
Read up on relationship expert Dr. Schwartz’s dating tips, love & sex quizzes, PerfectMatch’s Dating Guide and more.
PerfectMatch provides multiple ways to search for members — Quick Search, Compatibility Search, Custom Search, Keyword Search, and Dating On Demand Search.
- Perfectmatch Match Guarantee for paid subscribers
- Allow all users to contact you with Platinum membership
- Easy to use
- Very detailed profiles
- Focused on long-term relationships
- Single females to singles males ratio is about 50/50
- Over 5 million members
- Lengthy profile to fill out
- Cannot upload many photos, even with paid subscription
- No IM features
- Communicating not included in free membership
The average PerfectMatch user is a middle-aged white woman (although there are nearly as many men) without children and who is slightly less affluent than the average person. There are however more collage graduates than the average American.
PerfectMatch Site Traffic
PerfectMatch.com gets just under 400K unique visitors a day, which is smaller than the major dating sites but still enough that there should be a lot of registered users. PerfectMatch is a smaller player in the dating arena that focuses more on specialized matches than a large volume of profiles.
- 1 Month Membership: $59.95
- 3 Month Membership: $36.95/mo
- 6 Month Membership (Platinum): $33.33/mo
- Cancer Research Donation: $1.00
- Free Book Offer: $3.95 S&H
- Number of Users
- Feature Set
- Profile Quality